Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

If anyone is INTERESTED in knowing the source code/scripts for making this game....

A topic by KingBling created Sep 14, 2020 Views: 246 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted

FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO CHECK HOW I MADE THE GAME

https://github.com/YashArvindPatel/Think-Big---GameJam-Entry

For 2D/3D Transition check this script out:

Go to the Assets -> Scripts -> Mapper3Dto2D.cs, if you just want the logic for 2D to 3D transition and vica versa.

For Game Logic check this script out:

Go to the Assets -> Scripts -> GameLogic.cs, JumpScript.cs, both combine to create the character movement and scene transistion/level transition.

If you attach this script to any cube. When it collides with the plane, the coordinates of collision are captured and GL Draw is used to map them as a basic 2D primitive shape. 

Also the Camera's render distance (fieldOfView) is lowered. I went with this instead of using a Shader on cubes because I have less experience with Shader scripts.

If you have any questions you can ask me no problem.

Submitted (1 edit)

Just for clarifications since people think I blatantly took/copied the source code from somewhere else. No I havnt, I built the game from scratch and its just thats its heavily inspired from Projection. No harm in confession what I believe is fine. No rules state that you can't derive your inspiration from existing prototypes and brainchilds. Thank you. Negative critisism accepted here!

Submitted (1 edit)

it's ok and u took it positively that's good.

I opposed u coz I think u will definitely win this jam ..LOL

Submitted

Thats understandable. But I wont be accepting the prize even if I win. Probably deny the win too because its still unfair and I understand it I suppose. 

Submitted

Btw I really liked your updated game no joke. Also a question on that topic. How did you create the walls of your game. I mean is it like tilemaps or the whole map is a single piece that you made in Adobe or something?

Submitted (2 edits)

it's tilemap.. It is  easy to make levels.

Submitted

Feel free to use this thread to explain your games backstory or how you made it. So people can understand where you come from (How you approached making your game).

Submitted (1 edit)

I want to know ... I know u have made it all alone make a tutorial and upload on ur yt channel. And share the link.

Submitted (1 edit)

Your game is really good and i really hope that you win the game jam

Submitted

Idk if I deserve it or not. Anyways I checked your game and let me tell you if you smooth out your transitions and make the movement less sloppy and add in more friction/anti-movement (force in direction opposite to movement). It will make it such a good free runner. You can even create proper maps and put it on Steam.