Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

my experience with the jam

A topic by Some Ply's Games created Feb 05, 2024 Views: 62
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Submitted

this time i didnt used the entire month but they days i managed to wake up of the bed i worked good, i usually make more "control based games" where you make the movement in one day and fix the bugs forever and do some levels but this time i made something more "menu-ish" so i had to add more juice to the movement of things to make the game not feel so boring and for the managing nature of the game i had to make a lot of code, but it was really fun and i will try to put in practices some things in future games

before the jam i was thinking on a bullethell or fps for the boss rush thing, but the moment i saw the theme i remembered trading items in roblox, especifically mining simulator cuz i played it a lot back then, then it was adding things to make it interesting i drew 5 bosses in no time but i felt very lazy about the 3d modeling part, i was lazy to start but when i opened blender i make a lot, so one day near finishing the game i started my second session of modeling and end every model after lunch (anyways the models are so simple)

this month i wasnt very motivated but everyday working in the game i put all the motivation possible, i only used 11 days, maybe if i worked more time i could do a lot more

ANYWAYS speaking of the game, someone pointed that it would be better if you knew the item values beforhand, but i designed the game assuming that the fun was in guessing if an exchange was a good deal or not, so tell me what do you think, the game is fun by itself so the values shouldnt be hidden or the value guessing is the fun?