SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Playtest my game pls? :)

A topic by Brandon194 created Aug 04, 2020 Views: 329 Replies: 13
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted(+6)

Hey Everybody, 

About ready to hit that submit button. If you wouldn't mind, constructive criticism please? :)

Also ideas for more items for the shop would also be appreciated!

https://brandon194.itch.io/cassettes

Hope everyone is doing well!

Brandon194

Submitted (1 edit)

With no tutorial I have no clue what is the goal of the game, The score was -2000000000. The music button made the music louder and the mute din't work. 

Submitted

what did you do!? Lmao. 

Submitted(+1)

try to do webgl instead

Submitted

Tried webgl, threw a bunch of Java errors and crashes. 

Submitted(+2)

Not sure what im doing in the game. Its just Tuesday (as of this comment) you have the whole rest of the week to either make a good tutorial or rethink your approach.

Music button increases the volume and mute doesn't work.

I only randomly clicked the tape to see the texture changing (rewinding)

Submitted

that's why I'm asking for feedback now, the rest of the work to be done on it will be polish and bug fixing. 

There should be a "how to play" screen after you click the title screen. Maybe I uploaded the wrong build? 

thanks for the feedback! 

Submitted(+1)

overall, not a bad clicker game concept

Bugs i've found:

• Score randomly gets set to Integer.minvalue
  • Buying pencils or cassette players doesn't change the x0 into x1 and beyond
  • Pencils and cassette players dont show the tape rewinding animation
  • money isn't subtracted when you buy items
  • Mute button doesn't work

Its very early to be submitting something, especially if its in this state

Things id recommend adding (if you have time)

• More upgrades
  • A background that isn't the default Unity2D blue
  • webgl build to avoid download (i noticed you had problems with this, maybe ask the unity forums for help)
Submitted

interesting, I haven't seen score go down to min value. 

And don't worry, I wasn't planning on submitting until a couple hours before submissions close. I'm just adding polish and bug fixing for the rest of the week. :) 

And to be honest, I haven't looked into the webgl part yet as I built it and uploaded it before I was going to bed. I will have a look towards it after I get off work!

Thanks for the feedback! 

Submitted

Thats odd that you haven't noticed it, considering im not the only person to comment about it, maybe it only happens in the build of the game?

Ik that sounds really weird but unity likes to be really weird sometimes.

Submitted

Hey Friend, do you happen to know how to fix a black screen in WebGL?

Submitted(+1)

Maybe this will help with the WebGL problem.

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-4/topic/912515/webgl-build-refuses-to-load-past-90-in-any-browsers

Submitted(+1)

Hi! Not bad, reminds me of Cookie clicker, just a couple of things:

• Display some visual information about how much rewinding of each cassette you've made, like a percentage number or a fill bar.
  • Maybe some particles on each click to let the user know that he is actually clicking.
  • Some description about what the pencil or the other things on the right bar do.

But good work :D

Submitted

The tape that's spooled out is the indicator of how much you have left to rewind. :)

And I tried with Particles... it just doesnt look right seeing particles spew out. I may add "Confetti" when you complete the tape though.  

Thanks for the feedback!