Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Help me please I have no clue what I'm doing

A topic by Itsbap created Aug 16, 2021 Views: 593 Replies: 10
Viewing posts 1 to 8
(1 edit)

So I downloaded unity found a brackeys tutorial and I needed a programming language. If anybody knows how to get  C# for free please tell me because I entered the game jam before I realized this so I have 5 days to learn how to program. All I've made bad games on scratch my name there is bap_ so go there if you wanna see stuff ok please help bye. -Itsbap  (because bap was taken) 

Deleted post

Thanks for the help :)

Submitted

You dont download a programming language. You download an editor or ide that can edit code of that language (for more information see Armed Gorilla's comment)

Submitted

Hey man, I suggest you start with a simpler gaming engine or join the later jams so you can iron out your skills first without any restrictions. Of course that's just my advice though. I hope you have fun in the jam!

i too have no clue to what i am doing.

me three

(1 edit) (+1)

download an IDE

also I think learning to program in 5 days is kinda hard

I am sorry for responding so late, but if you are still looking for answers try Visual Studio Community Edition, with it, you can download everything you need for C# and Unity programming.

Submitted

C# is pretty hard if that didn't work out next time you can try python with pygame because that's way easier or if you want a simpler game engine you can use GDevelop.