Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

New to making monster content! Is there any advice I should know for figuring out a monster's CR?

A topic by NightSpores created Sep 09, 2022 Views: 102 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

I'm really excited to be making some content and have quite a few ideas already, but I want to make sure I'm putting CRs that make at least some sense. I've never really done anything like this before and am struggling to figure out what to put for a weak enemy that appears in a group of about 1d6 + 4. I also am not entirely sure if the associated CR is based on that of a single monster or the entire group it might appear in. Does anyone have any advice for this sort of thing? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Host(+1)

Since its a weak enemy CR 8 should be enough. Page 48 of the book has some quick guidelines to CR that can be applied to monsters too: 

CR

8 - Easy 10 - Baseline 12 - Hard 14 - Extreme 

Submitted

Hehe thanks so much! I was looking all over the book and somehow missed that. This helps a ton! I can't wait to write all these ideas down. Brave Zenith really has so much openness for creation that its really exciting even though I've never done it before!