Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

My team is out

A topic by ererbe created Aug 27, 2019 Views: 569 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 7

My home burned and my friend was there to visit me, and our computers are now a piece of iron with charcoal inside.
so we cant finish our game. (and we finally got a good idea)
I hope we are the only ones that cant finish the game because of something like this. (nobody got hurt btw.)

Holy cow!

I'm so sorry to hear about that!

Submitted

Really sorry to hear that. I hope everything will turn out okay.

Submitted

Wait what?
Sorry to hear that bro.

Sorry to hear that, good nobody is hurt.
I think I won't end my game, but it's because I'm working alone and my idea is too hard for me too make on time. I've never made AI before. But I will try!!!

Submitted

Oh my.  Glad everyone is alright.  It's an awful thing to go through - I feel you.  Several years ago our house burned as well.  Anything not destroyed by fire was ruined from smoke and water damage.  For those who haven't experienced it, it's like instantly losing several years of work, clothes, and belongings.  It takes multiple months to recover and even years later you'll be looking for something and start to remember you only had that thing pre-fire.  We can certainly start a fund campaign to help out if there is a need.

We have a "donations account" (dont know how I need to translate this) and I dont know if we need more. We will see.
I need to get some sleep now, but thanks for the offered help.

Submitted

Awh, sorry to hear that.

Nobody got hurt, it's "just" a Game Jam bro', you'll have many other opportunities to have your revenge against this shitty moment of your life.

All the best for you in your life bro', take care of you and your loved ones. I hope too see your nickname in another Game Jam one day.

I will try to participate in other Game Jams in the future, when we have something to stay I will get a pc soon and maybe will recover what is to recover and then go on with making games.
but its sad to let this one go, (and we finally got the spider (2d) animated in a way that looks good).

Maybe we will make the game that we planned for this Jam any way, because we really like the idea. (But we both need new equipment and time for this)

Submitted

Just be safe and I'm sure one day you'll have your revenge by destroying everyone in a Game Jam ! :D

If one day you'll make this game you wanted to, just message me. I hope to try it one day :)