Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Updates - blog here so we can see your progress

A topic by psychopsam created Aug 30, 2018 Views: 460 Replies: 20
Viewing posts 1 to 10
Host

Feel free to journal your adventures here to show your progress. Can’t wait to see what you will create.

I guess I'm half way done art is done just coding every think right now...

Host

that’s a lot of lamp :)

Almost there. mostly just UI and extra functionality stuff now.

Submitted

UNWOUND

Character movement

Host(+1)

look seriously, any game that has swinging in it is an instant win in the history of video games :)

All we gotta do is hook up some upgrade buttons and we're in polish mode! 

Oh, Hey Frodo! (I KNEW something like this was gonna happen when I plugged in a 10000 combination Name generator...)

Just finishing up a substance, variants of this should be enough for all the terrain in the game

Submitted

Very nice mate. Only suggestion would be to reduce the thickness of those Lily Pads, just doesn't look right being so thick; unless that is the style you are going for.

Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately reducing the thickness leads to clipping issues with the rocks. I'll have to leave it as is because I've already spent too much time on it.

Host

what is the dark sorcery I see before me?

Substance designer and some hard work. Probably not a wise use of time considering the deadline though.

Host

Does it end up being geometry?

Not actual geometry like a mesh asset, it uses a displacement map with tessellation. Unity doesn't have this by default it only has parallax occlusion.

Host

So how do you make it look like that in Unity when it's complete?

You use the unreal engine instead. Hah, no I think sure there's a shader that does it in Unity 2018 using the HD render pipeline but I haven't tried it. I think for 2017 you would have to look on the asset store.

Submitted

Hip Hip Hooray

UNWOUND officially published

Here's a link: https://breakfuss.itch.io/unwound