Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

End of jam

A topic by n4m3n1ck created Jul 25, 2023 Views: 210 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted

Isn't it funny that by the end of the game jam, most of the projects will be almost the same because they all will come from the same Day 1, 2 games?

I think that depends on the creators themselves, since some might decide to take it towards a different direction than what the original creator intended. Who knows, we may get some artistic hybrids that are mashups or two genres or something entirely new. Its an experiment, after all.

Submitted

If, say, 40 games from day 1 are going to be continued up until day 6, and combine that with the fact that there are many different developers, it might end up being a bit different

(+1)

So far, 88 entries have been submitted to this jam and there's a good few hours left. But I believe the amount of games which get continuation on day 2 will be a lot less, maybe 2/3 of them or something. Later days likely will be more stable as there's less original games to continue from. My guess is that on day 6 all games will have roots in 1/3 of the original day 1 pool.

I hope users of all engines will have some entries to work with even on later days - there needs to be at least 6 devs who use the same engine, and that's in the ideal case where everyday somebody is available to continue, but each in succession. Unity games will definitely be in final day, and Godot seems to have strong support too, but I'm afraid for some frameworks not having enough devs joined...

Submitted

RIP me being the only Unreal Engine submission day 1

Submitted

Yikes!

Submitted

How many of the PassTheGame challenges have you watched?

Submitted
Show post...

All of them

Submitted

WHo?