Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Question about the rules

A topic by Marangon Productions created Apr 16, 2022 Views: 466 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted(+1)

When the rules says “Using paid assets is NOT allowed”, does that include editor-only tools like Odin Inspector for Unity or does it only apply to art and sound assets?

I would assume that Odin Inspector, a paid Unity asset, would not be allowed.

Jam Host(+1)

The "paid assets" clause refers to your source submission. Basically, nothing in your source submission can be a paid asset. However, you are free to use paid tools during the jam. It would be insane for us to say you can't use "Photoshop" in this jam because it is a paid asset, or say "World Creator with the Unity bridge importer tool" because that is a paid asset that hooks into a game engine for the export.

To answer your question directly, you may use Odin Inspector during your development, but you need to remove the asset from your source submission. I'm a fan of Odin personally and know how useful it can be during development and debugging, so it would sadden me if I couldn't use it myself :)

I do have a hypothetical question regarding the paid assets aspect! What if, for example, we were using a paid asset that we created, and are selling?

I assume the bottom line for the hypothetical asset is whether or not we have the rights to distribute it publicly?

Jam Host

Correct.