Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

I wanted to do a remake of my current game project, but the theme...

A topic by Darenn Keller created Jun 15, 2023 Views: 354 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(3 edits)

Hey!
I just noticed there was a theme for this edition of the gb comp. I wanted to do a remake of my current game project, Lueur and the Dim Settlers just for fun! But it really does not fit with the current theme and I really wanted to make a game boy version of it, not a different game.
I'm gonna do it anyway, butthe rules say: "The entry must implement/interpret the jam theme (applies to Game category only)" . Can I still participate to get feedback and have fun with everyone? I'm ok being disqualified for the prizes. If not, that's too bad but I understand! 😊

Good luck everyone!

Submitted

I had a similar issue, I don't like to play the monster because there is so much destruction all over the real world so I will try another approach.

Your game, on the other hand have a chance to be alive after all.

What if...
Instead of bringing light to the world you decide to invade o bring darkness?
Mechanics could be the same and you can change back the main purpose of your game after the jam is finished.
That way you will work only once and you will have the chance to participate and also have your Settlers game in the GB.

Thanks for the suggestion! 💛 But I really want to make the game I had in mind. So I want to know If I can still get my game into the jam or not (I'm ok not getting prizes, it's mostly for the feedback and motivation of doing it with other devs!)

Submitted

Well I think You can and as You said ot could not recieve any price but the satisfaction and feedback 

Host

Hey, sure you can still submit, and actually be eligible to prize, just beware that one fundamental part of the ranking is the “interpretation of theme”, which if absent will award 0 point (but just in that category, the rest are ranked as normal).

Thanks for the reply!