Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Is Pico-8 allowed for this jam?

A topic by Ermiinea created 8 days ago Views: 259 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(+1)

I know Pico-8 has a lower resolution than GB, just want to know if there is an exception for this particular engine.

(+1)

I am wondering the same thing

Host(+1)

Yes, you can use pico-8

From the FAQ:

What engine or programming language can I use?

Any engine or programming language is allowed. Jam games which are playable on the website are played more often, so you might want to make sure your engine outputs HTML5, but it's not a requirement.

What engine or programming language can I use?

Any engine or programming language is allowed. Jam games which are playable on the website are played more often, so you might want to make sure your engine outputs HTML5, but it's not a requirement.

You may use a smaller resolution if your game engine of choice does not produce 160x144. The play area should fit within a gameboy screen. Black bars or 'super gameboy' frames around the outside of the gameplay area are fine.

(+2)

As mentionned in the rules :

"

You may use a smaller resolution if your game engine of choice does not produce 160x144. The play area should fit within a gameboy screen. Black bars or 'super gameboy' frames around the outside of the gameplay area are fine.

"
Jam Host (2 edits) (+2)

as ThreeDuck pointed out, yes it is allowed as long as your resolution is smaller than 160x144. previous jam pages have mentioned Pico-8 in a section with popular game engines, but i guess that was removed this year.

Host(+1)

Yeah, it was removed for brevity. This exists though: