Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Just a correction on the website.

A topic by Kiliano - 365indies created 16 days ago Views: 120 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted (4 edits) (+2)

Hi! I'm Kiliano Lopes, im brazilian and english is not my first language. 
In the oficial website, my game is 1º place on GBJAM 3:

BUT.....

I dont win the gbjam 3, i get a second place. It's not fair with Roguelight, the real winner.

I know is past and places is not important in jams, but just saying. Can change that please?

Sorry post this here, i can't find the email of page creator.

HostSubmitted (2 edits) (+1)

No worries, the forum is a fine place to post about page errors.

The archived jam page has Tim_ ranking above Roguelight. I don't know why it would be different. I'll make the adjustments.

Thanks for your report!

EDIT:
Tim_ had an "overall" score of 4.51 and Roguelight had an "overall" score of 4.47. There seemed to be a separate "overall" score which must have broken the algorithm for sorting the games. You are correct that Roguelight got an actual overall score of first place.

Jam HostSubmitted (1 edit)

GameJolt probably does a similar thing that itch.io does where it adjusts scores based on how many votes they get above/below the mean of votes per game.

oh, duh. yeah, it explains it right there in your screenshot. it’s a weighted average.

HostSubmitted (1 edit)

Check the screenshot again - there's a user rated category for "overall" similar to "graphics" and "sound" as well as the computed summary also called "overall". I think that broke the back end where it sorts entries by "overall" score in the parent page listing.