Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

melancholy - progress thread

A topic by Niki created Oct 02, 2016 Views: 464 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 5

melancholy

Hey there, guys and gals! First time participating, someone linked to this on the GameMaker subreddit.

I'll be doing a small adventure game, trying to capture a certain slightly depressive mood (hence the title), not quite sure what I am going for exactly, but I'll try to come up with a "compact" narrative similar to a short story.

To start this off, let me share some fake screenshots:

I love the look of this! My teammate and I are working on an adventure game with a similar mood right now, so it's nice to see someone's else's working on one, too.

Submitted

I like the close up look of the main character. Almost reminds me of a Tim Burton movie character or something

The origin of the character was that I can't draw humans in pixel art, but somehow do ok on paper. So I took a character from my sketchbook and tried to copy it 1 to 1, keeping all dimensions the same.

Since it turned out to be 32x32 I couldn't use it as a character sprite and decided to make it a portrait, which is why I'm making an adventure game :D.

Btw here is the current state of the game (I just noticed the portrait has the wrong background color, will fix that now)

(2 edits)

Btw I'll be streaming the development over on twitch!

https://www.twitch.tv/peyj