Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

А short story about a small game

A topic by Nina Pershina created Feb 25, 2022 Views: 177 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted(+2)

Friends, we want to tell you the story of the creation of "Husky builds an igloo".

When my husband Alexander and I signed up for GDevelop Game Jam #1, we had no experience making games at all. But we had a great desire! We learned everything along the way: write code, draw in pixel and vector graphics, design music. And it was very cool!

Thank you for your kind feedback on our project! Many of you expressed the same wishes about improving the game ;) The flip husky is really underdeveloped, we also planned to show the process of building an igloo, as well as several other nice mechanic, which we will not tell you about yet :)

So why didn't we do it all if we planned to? We simply did not have enough knowledge and time (

By the middle of the project, I got sick and finished game with high temperature and feeling unwell. Before the start of the jam, my husband Alexander got a hand injury and underwent surgery. He could help me with the project with only one hand. On the 21st, right after the project was delivered, he underwent a second operation. We started finalizing the game in order to show you the finished game outside of the competition, but this is again hindered by circumstances.

On the morning of February 24, a war broke out in our country... 

We want to thank everyone for the kind and warm words, you really encouraged us in a difficult time, thank you!

Make good games and make the world kinder :) And play our peaceful game)

https://itch.io/jam/gdevelop-game-jam-1/rate/1407028#post-5456581

Submitted (1 edit)

Hi Nina, your game is I think the first I clicked and I enjoyed it, especially the smile on husky's face:) And what a story...I admire you for still managing to submit the game nevertheless of the circumstances. Are you safe? I'm from Poland and the only thing people talk about now is helping Ukraine. People are arriving here all the time. I really hope this get resolved soon and my heart goes to you. We're in this together!

Submitted(+1)

my best wishes to you hope you win and get out in this situation BEST WISHES!

Submitted(+1)

excellent game!, I'm sorry for what you are going through, best wishes and prayers from Mexico