Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

My game is not working and I do not know why

A topic by Napalion created Jul 09, 2019 Views: 450 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted(+4)

I am new at this dev world and this is my very first game... I built my game on WebGL, I compressed my game and uploaded in Itch.io

The problem is that on Unity this game works perfectly but when I try to play it on Itch.io the second part does not work(The enemies are not working) and the Credits doesnt have the nightmares that I put. I went back to Unity and there is still working. I already tried uploading again but it didnt help at all.

Can anyone help me ??

My game:https://napalion.itch.io/unsavory-help

Did you compile the latest version of your game before you uploaded it?

Submitted

Yes ! I just compiled when had already finished it ! I also tried compiling 4 times, but it didnt work 

Submitted

Does it work when you build a standalone (windows or mac) version ?

Submitted

Yes it does, I just submitted as a standalone version but I really want to know thy I doesnt work in the WebGL version...

Submitted

You can build your webgl game as a "development build" (tick the box in build settings), it should show you error messages.

Submitted

But if the game is working in another version thats because there is no errors, right ? Or WebGL doesnt accept some errors and the standalone version accept ?

Submitted

it is possible to have errors specific to a platform (shader, or null reference caused by loading order...). Just try and have a look :)