Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

And we've begun!

A topic by Martin Nerurkar created May 01, 2024 Views: 76 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Host (2 edits)

I've updated the main page of the Jam with the full information! If you've already read it, here's the salient points:

• The theme is UNLIKELY FRIENDS
  • I will hold open office hours on twitch.tv every Tuesday at 7PM German time. Come to watch me work on my entry and ask question about yours, game design and life in general!
  • Among all entries (excluding mine, of course) I will raffle off a prize: A free digital copy of the Sharkbomb Studios game of your choice!

Sorry for the slight delay in the update but I was celebrating my birthday and just now got around to catching up with things :D

Let me know if you have any questions! And I hope you have fun!

Submitted(+1)

Thanks Martin.

Great idea.  Though I must say "Yikes!" for some reason I'd got it into my head that it was starting in June.

Oh, and Happy Birthday.

A question for you:  What are your thoughts on creating oracles and other similar tools for solo play?  I know the idea is that this is supposed to be played with friends, but I tend to use RPGs and solo RPG tools to help add interesting complexity to story development.  The solo engines I often use are Mythic, and Starforged, but a more light-hearted one would suit my writing better and fit well with the Goblin Errands game.  I'd be keen to have a crack at making up some suitable oracle tables and story element generators. It would mean players could run tall-person free games!  Yeah!

Anyway.  Your thoughts?

Host

Oh man I LOVE Oracles! I love solo-playable games. I think it make stuff so much more accessible. Generally I love the social aspect of RPGS but I enjoy Ex Novo as a creative tool all by myself. And I think oracles for goblin errands sounds like a SUPERB idea! It's the kind of idea where I go: I should have thought of that! 

I can only encourage you to work on them. Happy to help in any way if I can.

If you missed the streams - I started working on a warlock-inspired player class about the power of friendship :D

Submitted(+1)

Fabulous!  I'm onto it.  I'll brainstorm some bits together and get them posted up as soon as I can, so they can be refined.

Maybe I'll have to sign up for your Discord channel and see this new class of yours.

Cheers

Hamish

Host

I haven't really shared much in the channel but maybe I should. So far it's been mostly relegated to the Twitch stream :D

Submitted

Thanks Martin

I looked at the Discord channel and have decided to just carry on with posting stuff here.  If I may, I'll start a new topic in this Goblin Errands Jam community discussion.

I've made the first draft of the various oracles and now just writing the draft guide.  I hope to get these up either today or tomorrow.

Host

Whatever works for you! Happy to provide feedback, if you want me to!

Submitted(+1)

I really cut it down to the wire there, so it’s not the most polished submission. Regardless, happy birthday Martin!

Host

I appreciate it! It's a lovely submission! And polish is not really needed for Goblins :D