On Sale: GamesAssetsToolsTabletopComics
Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Can I still upload a HTML version after the dealine?

A topic by Nodragem created Mar 21, 2021 Views: 164 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

Hello, I submitted my game as a .exe because I had some difficulties to export an HTML, is it okay that I add the HTML version once I get it to work? 

Submitted (1 edit)

I had the same question and one of the Discord moderators told me that you can only submit a game once unless there's some game breaking issue preventing it from working. I'm not entirely sure where he gets this, because I set up my project page before submitting and I still have the option to edit the downloadable files.

So I guess you can....? I'd let somebody know before you do it, of course, but you might be able to add an HTML version after the fact.

(PlugN'Play)

Submitted

It's not prohibited by technology, but it is prohibited by the rules. The only changes you can make after rating starts is game-breaking bugs.

Submitted

So, it turned out that the game was not working because of an upper/lower case issue (Godot and Git kept disagreeing about a filename we renamed), so we corrected the issue and we uploaded a HTML version instead of the .exe.

We did not change the game in any way, except from changing that lower case l to a upper case L which made the trees/larva crashes in the build.

I hope this is okay!