Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

🏆Official Prize Winners! 🏆 Sticky

A topic by Hackingtons created Aug 22, 2022 Views: 474 Replies: 21
Viewing posts 1 to 12
Host (1 edit) (+2)

It is our pleasure to announce the completion of the Hackingtons Under18 Game Jam: Summer 2022 edition!

First of all, you all deserve tremendous respect and recognition for the fact you came up with ideas and executed on those ideas within 8 weeks. That is NOT a lot of time at all, and for students of game development, this process of a complete dev cycle is going to be how you learn. Congratulations to each and every one of you for participating and challenging yourselves to produce an advanced piece of software we call a game!

Let us explain how we are awarding prizes:

1. No single submission can win more than 1 prize.
2. Each winner below will choose their prize from the pool in "round robin" style (this means once a winner picks, that prize is removed from the pool).
3. There is 1 overall winner (first pick), and then the 5 category winners. That means we are giving out 6 prizes!
4. The 5 category winners will choose in the order we have decided: Theme - Gameplay - Art - Humor - Audio
5. There are runner-up trophies available to Hackingtons Students only who did not win one of the categories. 

If you have been selected as a prize winner, reply to this post with your prize choices in order. (So if you want headset first, put that first, then if you couldn't have the headset, what would you choose 2nd? and so on until all 6 prizes are ranked in order.)

Now, tell them what they've won!

If you are a prize winner, choose from:
Gaming surface
Corsair Keyboard
Razer Mouse
Maono Microphone
Arctic Headset
Imposter Light

Announcing the Winners!

Drumroll please!

Pick#1: Best overall (judges' choice) = Crustacean Castle

With the highest rankings across the board, SkidFace's Crustacean Castle is our pick for best overall. That means you have the first choice from the prize pool, congratulations!

Pick#2: Best Theme = Beach Ball

The winner for best theme also had 2nd place for audio. A great game overall, but definitely something that everyone considered to be part of summer: Beach Volleyball! Congratulations

Pick#3: Best Gameplay = Summer Slacker

Definitely a fun game to play, Summer Slacker takes the idea of a summer job to the next level. With an arcade game built into the main gameplay, it's no wonder they won best gameplay choice! Congratulations

Pick#4: Best Art = An Ordinary Summer Adventure

What a beautiful world to explore, including animations, mini-games, and particles! Without a doubt, everyone enjoyed exploring the world to go on an adventure that I would consider to be anything BUT ordinary! Great work

Pick#5: Best Humor = Bored

Since the #1 ranked humor game has already received a prize, this category prize goes to JCMT for their hilarious take on being bored during summer! I personally enjoyed the style of this game as well as the audio design. Great work, and congratulations!

Pick#6: Best Audio = Driving Disasters

There is a lot of congestion at the top of the submissions, as well as in this game! Note that this game also took 3rd place in gameplay! For audio, the sounds and music were excellent, and every project "above" it in the rankings for audio have already received prizes. This was a really challenging and engaging game. Congratulations!

Hackingtons Student Runner-ups:

Everyone below will receive the newest competition trophy from admin:

Jacksonz1's WashOver for winning 2nd place theme!

Ayiku's SUPERSoakers for ambitious animations and custom 3d models despite gameplay confusion

Shadow357's Summer lifeguard simulator for 3rd place humor!

Me butmeme's Fun under the Sun for world building, art and great general potential

Yash_P's Splash Battles for addictive arcade gameplay

AwesomeCoder2000's ICGM (ice cream gunner man) for 4th place theme and tons of gameplay potential

-- don't worry about your trophies, we know where to find you ;)

We hope to see you for the next Hackington's Under18 Jam starting SOON (Mid September). A new theme, new prizes, new rules. 

I actually don't know if i can update this post later, but I will include a link to the next jam!

TC signing out. Join Games Division if you haven't yet! Keep leaving great feedback and making those games!

Host unlocked this topic
Submitted(+1)

Headset

Microphone

Imposter Light

Keyboard 

Mouse 

Mouse Pad

Also thank you so much Hackingtons!

Submitted(+2)

Glad I won something and very grateful to everyone for rating my game! Thanks for the feedback and good job to everyone who submitted; this was so much fun :DD

My prize picks:

Arctic Headset
Gaming surface
Corsair Keyboard
Razer Mouse
Maono Microphone
Imposter Light

Thank you hackingtons! can’t wait for the next jam :)

Submitted(+2)

Thank you so much for hosting the jam hackington! I really enjoyed the experience and am definitely hoping to participate in September. Here is my choices for the prize.

1. Arctic Headset

2. Corsair Keyboard

3. Razer Mouse

4. Gaming surface

5. Maono Microphone

6.  Imposter Light

Submitted (2 edits) (+2)

This was incredibly fun to participate in!!! Congratulations to everyone who participated! Your projects were all amazing and unique. I also especially wanted to thank people for rating fairly enjoying all the submissions.

My picks:

1. Razer Mouse
2. Corsair Keyboard 

3. Maono Microphone
4. Arctic Headset
5. Gaming surface

6. Imposter Light

Again, thank you so much for hosting this! It was really fun!

(also, what was the locked prize? I am curious haha)

Host

StreamDeck :D

Submitted

I knew it! 

Submitted

WHAT

Submitted

I'll have the headset please

Submitted

my list are headset, mouse pad, keaybord, mouse, among us thing.

Submitted (1 edit)

This was some of the most fun I've ever had, and am glad I could participate (let alone win)! I am so glad people voted without bias, making the competition so much more fun. Congrats to everyone else who won. :)

List:

1) Maono Microphone

2) Imposter Light

3) Arctic Headset

4) Razer Mouse 

5) Gaming surface

6) Corsair Keyboard

Host(+2)

THUS IT IS DECIDED! BEHOLD THE PRIZE WINNERS' DECISIONS!

SkidFace - Razer Mouse
NANI_Demon - Arctis Headset
Kabooms Games - Corsair Keyboard
MagicChickenStudios - Gaming Surface
JCMT - Maono Microphone
Kman04 - Imposter Light

I'm happy to report NOBODY got stuck with anything worse than their 3rd pick! Do you guys like this method of prize distribution? Also, I'm all ears if you guys think the prizes should be different. Let me know for the future so we can consider your input.

For winners outside of Hackingtons Code School

First of all, we would love to invite you to participate in the Games Division at Hackingtons to get help and mentorship along your game development career path. If you're interested in a free trial, please let us know when you post!

Second, itch.io does not let me DM you to contact you with the Hackingtons Support team to arrange prizes. In order to make sure we're talking with the real winners,  use your itch.io account to create a post in the community. That can be as simple as responding to this thread. Include in the post your discord contact information -- this does not have to be your "real" discord, it's just a way for us to reach out to you to give you the information you will use to authorize Hackingtons to give you your prize. 

That's all folks, see you in a bit for the next jam!!!

Submitted

Hey, I don’t have a discord, could I do email instead?

Host(+1)

yes of course. I was trying to avoid you having to post your email on a Public forum. Once we contact you, you can remove the post

Submitted
Deleted 2 years ago
Host

sent you an email

Submitted

Hey, I received an email asking for confirmation about receiving the prize, but I never got a response. I understand if you’re busy, just want to check in :)

Host(+1)

Hey MCS, sorry for the delay. We are working on distributing prizes to everyone this week! Your response email went to spam, but I found it by trying to forward your contact information to Jenny to follow up with you. Thank you for your patience

Submitted

All good! Thanks for the update :)

Submitted
Deleted 2 years ago
Host

Hey KG, it looks like i cannot add you on discord. (it says you're not accepting friend requests). and as far as i can tell, there's no other way to DM you there. If you drop me an email, or fix the discord issue, i'll reach out again.

Submitted

Oh sorry, I forgot about that. Try again now.

Host

OK you should see a request from me (east bay eff)

Deleted 2 years ago
Host

Sizzle reel is live!