Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Welcome!

A topic by Nameless Designer created Oct 21, 2022 Views: 207 Replies: 13
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Host

Welcome to the Heroes of Adventure game jam. If you have any questions about the rules of the game jam then please post them here.

Host

Hello there, it's great to see a few people have joined the game jam already (I was a little worried no-one would be interested). 

Welcome to the game jam and I look forward to seeing what people put together when the jam officially starts in December.

Just started drafting something. This system seems really cool. I'm excited to try it out sometime. Might try to get a one-shot together at some point. 

Host

Welcome DMNors, thanks for taking part! Would love to hear about others play experience (likes or dislikes).

I'm thinking to use your system in a PBP game--I don't have time otherwise. Due to the nature of PBP I might homerule some type of thing for combat in which no matter the roll someone is dealt damage, either the attacker or the defender. Not quite sure how I'll do that yet, but it just makes combat move so much faster because you don't have those rolls that are like, "you miss" and then we all wait another day for the next person to respond. XD

Host

Oooh, very interesting. Would love to hear more about this if you get it up and running.

As a suggestion, the way combat was designed was to get an even split between miss, hit and critical (with the very occasional critical failure). You could do three levels of damage and merge this into one roll so:

• Miss = Minor damage (weapon damage at disadvantage)
  • Hit = Medium damage (weapon damage)
  • Critical = Major damage (weapon damage at advantage)

ohhh! I love this idea. That would really speed up combat, which can be dragged down in PBP. Then I’d change the word of Health to something more akin to “endurance” as a minor blow would still tax your enemy in the sense that it tires them out, even if it doesn’t deal “damage”. 

Great thought!

p.s. the pbp game I posted got a ton of applicants once ppl read the PHB. 😄

Submitted

Is there a specific tag we should use to specify that our project was submitted as an entry for this game jam? Should there be?

Host

Hey StreamMonkRPGs, when you release a project there is usually an option to submit this to a game jam and if you have already entered the Heroes of Adventure TTRPG game jam then this should appear as an option.

I found some details at the following link https://itch.io/docs/creators/game-jams#jam-customization/jam-contributors-and-h... (scroll down to the Submission Process) for a screenshot of what you should see.

Submitted (1 edit)

Thanks ... but I was really asking about the issue of tags, not submissions. But it is not important.

Host

Hey StreamMonkRPGs, I get where you are coming from now. I haven't used any tags but happy for us to propose any easy to remember format to tie together these entries, say "HeroesofAdventure" (no spaces?). What do you think?

Submitted

Yeah, something like that ... anything that allows all the material people will be creating to be readily accessible by filtering for a single tag ... a tag you could reference on your project page to make it easy for people to get all the goodies without having to spend forever browsing for them. Just a thought.

Host

Yes I had a similar thought and I was planning on creating a 'list' of all Heroes of Adventure compatible content and displaying this with the 'official' material after the game jam to keep this all in one place.

Submitted

That should work fine.