Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Is "Title" need to be completely new IP or not?

A topic by Daybloom Project created Jul 01, 2022 Views: 475 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Hello, Is this Game Jam entries/titles needed to be completely new IP or not?

Due to our team have our title that working on and we interesting to make standalone games that uses that title for this game jam.

Thank you in advance!

Also sorry for grammar!

Jam Host(+1)

You can make a side game to an already existing title or one in development. The only thing you can use though are assets, such as visual, audio and plugins. No database work can be carried over, such as skills, traits and items.  Maps from previous development also can't be used.  All work in the engine must be done from scratch.

Host(+1)

Honestly it is actually an AMAZING time to work on a side game in your existing world. Build up your world's history (or a sidestory), use some assets you've already created. As Tea said, you just can't use already created stuff in the engine (Maps for instance).

Submitted

I almost decided to do "Resonate 2" but I don't think that's what it would really be. So hopefully I'll pull off a spiritual successor. "Reverberate"?

Ironically, Resonate fit to this IGMC's theme to a tee. Anyway, I definitely am looking forward to seeing people build up on their own previous worlds and ideas on this game jam. It's really the creator's long broth. The more you cook it, the more you really understand your themes and ideas, even unconscious ones.

I'm totally making a side story for my 2014 entry, Ruby Radiance.