Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Writer/Narrative Director Looking for a Team

A topic by RedItch.io created Jun 12, 2024 Views: 141 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 3
(1 edit)

Hey guys, what's up? Name's Red and looking to join a Team as either a writer or Narrative Director, whatever role you need done. Been a part of a previous GameJam and want to expand that experience. Will do any task needed, no matter how big or small. All I ask is resume credit.

So as the jam start date approaches if you're still checking this, let me ask if you have an idea? I am an experienced (>22 years in RPG Maker, <1 year in Godot) generalist 2D dev but I have never really worked on an idea that isn't mine in its genesis and I think that could be a really valuable experience for me so if you've got a good one, do hit me up.

I'd be happy to work with you, but we need a team - artist, composer, programmer, and writer. Assemble all those and I'd be happy to help.

What can you code in? What do you specialize in as a generalist?

(2 edits)

Like I said, I have 22 years experience in RPG Maker and a little less than a year in GODOT (I can code competently enough in GD Script although I still have a ton to learn). I have a degree in Creative Writing and am extensively professionally published in that field. 

Anyway, forget it. Your ideas of what personnel are required to make a game are very, very different than mine. Probably informed by the dozens of games I've made and released on my own over the years without an artist or composer, handling all of the programming and writing/narrative design myself, along with the game design. Also you didn't even answer if you had an idea you're excited about that you think has legs. I've already started a jam project on my own (like usual) besides, although I'm not sure it'll be a good fit for this jam after all.

Take care, have fun.

Wait a second, I apologize for the insipidness of that comment - I did not mean to dismiss your work ethic or output as that was not my intention in the slightest. If I may explain myself, I've been a part of numerous failed projects that failed because all everyone wanted to do was pitch ideas and draw up artwork, so it's just made me wary when presented with intros that resemble past experiences.

I actually have a GameJam team with a great coder, composer, and designer and I think you'd be perfect member of the team. The Coder has created a revolutionary node system in Unity, and we just need a pixel artist to help our current artist with the workload. It's for the Mental Health Jam months down the line if you're at all interested.

Again, my apologies.

Please respond Legion