Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Hi everyone

A topic by NinNeko created Apr 06, 2022 Views: 161 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted(+1)

I'm hoping to make a project for this jam. I like using the Unity game engine but I plan on learning about Godot because it is open source. I usually do all the work myself but this time I might try to look for free open source 3d models that will fit the Linux theme (penguins would work). Does anyone know any good websites for open source 3D models?

Host

OpenGameArt.org has plenty of stuff under a range of open culture licences. Kenney's assets are pretty popular these days - there's a lot of CC0 licenced stuff on his website.

Sketchfab apparently has a lot of Creative Commons has licenced models (you'll need to use search filters to limit the results to particular licences).

In all cases, make sure you're respecting licence terms (some licences require attribution while others don't, some allow modification while others don't, etc.)!

Submitted(+1)

Thanks for the info! This looks like good stuff. I found a Linux penguin under Creative Commons. I'll make sure to put attribution links to be safe and credit the artists.

Host

Double check the specifics of the Creative Commons licence that particular work is released under. The place that you downloaded it from should have details, but if not, you can see an overview of the different CC licences and their requirements over here.

Submitted (1 edit)

Thats a useful link, thanks! Makes understanding the license easier. Looks like the penguin has a GPL and CC-BY license.

Host

Nice!

Submitted(+1)

Im back! Instead of using open source models I decided it would be fun to try making my own 3D voxel characters in Blender. I want to try going as low poly as possible.