Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

First Jam, now that it's over a couple questions.

A topic by trelemar created Feb 21, 2017 Views: 488 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted (1 edit) (+2)
  1. Are we allowed to update our games during voting? I see others are but doesn't that defeat the point of having the 72 hour limit? Very confused how that works. I'd like to continue development on my game and add features and fix bugs, but only if the jam allows it.
  2. Can anyone vote or only people who submitted a game for the jam?
  3. Will there be a Löve Jam 2? :D
HostSubmitted(+2)

1. You're allowed to fix game breaking bugs that are easy to fix. If you do update your game, please keep a copy of the original game, and make clear there are both a jam and post-compo version. People who rate you should do so based on the original version.

2. Only those who submitted. Though I'm considering changing this.

3. For sure!

Submitted

> People who rate you should do so based on the original version.

It is pretty fair then.
I've rated all the entries yesterday. Fixed 1 crashing .love file (it was packed with a folder).
All the rest entries were pretty playable from the box.

Submitted(+1)

Ohh! I didn't know that I should keep the original game for the voting. I have submited my game 23 hours before the deadline, the version that I call v0.1, but then I updated to the v0.2, but it was before the deadline. Is that okay for the voting?

HostSubmitted

Yes, because you updated it before the deadline.

Submitted (2 edits) (+2)

Well, you can't vote before the submission ended, so I guess there is no point in keeping multiple versions from before submission. The last version before the deadline should suffice. Right?

Submitted

There are 35 entries. There were 36, in the beginning.

But only 10 people have voted so far. How so?