Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Interpretation of the theme sci-fi.

A topic by Davide Puato created Feb 05, 2021 Views: 105 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted (1 edit)

Hello! I was curious about what limitations there are on the theme science fiction, I imagine something like 2001: A Space Odyssey would be considered sci-fi, but what about something like Children of Men, in which the main "problem" might be something scientific, but it's not the focus of the story (in Children of Men something made all women become infertile, but it is not the main theme or even explained what caused it), i'm thinking about science fiction being involved in the theme, but not the main draw, almost like BioShock. Would something like that be permitted in the Jam?

Edit: Another example would be "I am Legend", has science fiction elements but is not all about science fiction.

Host (2 edits) (+1)

The theme can be interpreted in many different ways. I chose such a theme to not limit participants much so that the jam is more beginner friendly. That means that any kind of sci-fi is permitted. That includes retro-futurism (which is what I would call "BioShock") but also post-apocalypse (like "I am Legend"). As long as it has something to do with science fiction it is fine. I hope that answers your question :)

Submitted

It answers my question very well! Thank you very much!