Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Unity team looking for 3D environmental artist and C# programmer

A topic by Stephen L. Rockwell created Oct 19, 2023 Views: 82
Viewing posts 1 to 1
(3 edits)

Good day! My name is Stephen, and I'm here to make a game. I have already accumulated a team of ten talented people of varying lines of work, but am still needing to fill in a couple of gaps. The project we are aiming to make has a long and a short description. If you want the long description, reach out to me. If you are satisfied with the short description, then it is a little RPG game set in a French town in aftermath of a worldwide flood; the "narrative" has the player put at work in reconstructing the town, but all of this is inferred to occur in somebody's dream. 

The ambition of this project is to conjure an experience for the player that more closely mimics the way in which one interacts with a dream. I think the so-called 'walking simulator' is far too formal to form a persuasive analogy for the experience of dreaming, and thus I intend to create something that, at least for me, is far more conducive to the sensations evoked by dreaming. One of the principal ways in which I would like to explore this is by experimenting with the very nature of the game's interactivity; certain dreams can tend to ebb and flow in terms of how much control the dreamer has over the dream, and I have envisioned several ways that we might mimic this experience in a game - messing with framerates, control schemes, game logic, etc.) If none of this sounds like your thing, then no frets! This project can be what you make of it, and if you're simply interested in making a weird RPG in a dream city, and what to help construct either the 'RPG' or the 'dream city', then I would be glad to have you on my team.

As of now, I can only think of two roles that I would still like to fill, those being:
1. A 3D environmental artist.

2. A C# programmer with Unity experience.

If you are either of these and would like to get involved with the project, then add me on discord at 'rockstephen' or email me at jeanartquro@gmail.com. Fare thee well!