Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Can I submit a previously made game?

A topic by Itizso created Mar 03, 2021 Views: 126 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted(+6)

Hi. I've previously made space invaders from a tutorial in my collection of classic arcade game remakes, Back to the Arcade. Is it okay to share it with this jam? I'm not sure if you allow previously made games. If not, this is the tutorial I used to learn how to make it in HTML5 if anyone needs it.

HostSubmitted

Hmm!
Sure!
If you've already - on your own time - made the theme, then feel free to share. (Thank you for dropping a link as well!)

(I'll be honest I have mixed feelings about submitting something premade, but honestly the game collection you made is a real jewel and I'd like people to see it.
And I'd like to encourage community.)

I'd also like to encourage you to make/learn something new if you have the time this month, as that is the real hope for the jam.
Maybe even stop in the discord if you're inclined!  (https://discord.gg/ZtSK57c9sj)
You'd be a great person to talk to, as you could teach a lot in the community.
What you made is really amazing.

Thank you for asking! I'm hoping to hear more from you.

Submitted

Great! Thanks :) I'm afraid I'm very much still a beginner but I'm always happy to share anything new I learn with others and hopefully I'll get to learn a lot from this jam community. I look forward to seeing what others come up with for this month's theme.

Okay, I'll submit my game to the jam, and include references to the tutorial and any assets I used in case others would like to use them too.

Thanks for hosting this jam and all the best for the ones to come :)