Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Confirmation on acceptable use of generative AI

A topic by jonathandavidlewis created 46 days ago Views: 259 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 3
(+1)

Hi! I would love to use generative AI to alter my voice-over performances and to generate some dialogue text. These are neither music nor art. Therefore, are these permitted use cases? Thank you!

Host(+1)

Hi there, algorithms that don't use training data are permissible for this.

(+1)

Thanks for the response. I appreciate your answering. I didn't expect that answer, so I'd like to make sure I understand. I initially interpreted the guidance as relating to art and music specifically. As I understand it now, anything generated with algorithms reliant upon training data are prohibited. Is that correct? I sometimes generate ideas and code in my standard workflow using tools like CoPilot and I am now uncertain if I need to change this. Thanks so much for taking the time to clarify.

(+1)

basically anything with Ai(machine learning) is not allowed while anything without Ai(machine learning) is allowed ,best be careful with the tools your using dude

(+1)

What you are saying is basically what I am inferring, but I was hoping for something more direct from the host.

Host(+1)

Using AI to generate ideas is totally fine, and so is generating AI art for use on a moodboard, or for any other inspiration. However, using code, or art, or audio that was generated or processed by AI in the final game is not allowed for this jam. This includes Copilot, as Copilot was trained on data sourced chiefly from GitHub repositories. Jammers are totally encouraged to use tools with human-written algorithms to modify their creations! This includes audio and visual filters. For code assistance, we have a channel on our Discord where you can reach out to fellow jammers to solve those tricky problems.

(+1)

Thanks so much for clarifying!