Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

the jam is deleting my games!

A topic by JerryAnimate created Aug 20, 2022 Views: 217 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

i uploaded a game to this jam and it is keep on deleting the game can anyone tell why

my game is Night out

Host

Your game does not seem to be a metroidvania. Besides, the jam started barely 5 days ago. I suggest taking the 25 days left to revisit your game, make sure it is a metroidvania (action does not equal metroidvania) and submit later into the jam.

Submitted

ok i mean then what is a metroidvania it says action games in wiki?

Host (1 edit)

"Metroidvania<a]<="" a=""> is a genre of action-adventure video games focused on guided non-linearity and utility-gated exploration and progression. The term is a portmanteau of the names of the video game series Metroid and Castlevania, with games in the genre borrowing from both series. Typically based on two-dimensional, sidescrolling platform gameplay, Metroidvania games feature a large interconnected world map the player can explore, though access to parts of the world is often limited by doors or other obstacles that can only be passed once the player has acquired special items, tools, weapons, abilities, or knowledge within the game. Acquiring such improvements can also aid the player in defeating more difficult enemies and locating shortcuts and secret areas, and often includes retracing one's steps across the map."</a]<="">

Past the first sentence it's all explained. It's not limited to action, and even is mostly exploration and non-linearity.

Submitted

thanks for the informations