On Sale: GamesAssetsToolsTabletopComics
Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Going to try and make a Random Generated 3D Metroidvania...

A topic by Arowx created Aug 21, 2023 Views: 402 Replies: 16
Viewing posts 1 to 14
Submitted(+1)

I'll post here with updates as I go...

First up attempting to generate a 3D level with basic rooms and corridors.

Submitted

Got edge colliders added (pink boxes) and a basic controller working so you can whizz around the level.

Submitted

Sci Fi Gun

Submitted (1 edit)

Best of luck! The idea of doing this grand of a procgen project in 30 days breaks my brain a little, though the thought of doing a 3D 'vania already does, so..

Will be watching this! If I can run it, would be happy to give it a playtest/feedback at some point.

Submitted

Thank you I'll drop you a line as soon as I have a Minimal Viable Metroidvanian working.

I like the idea. I think it'll be challenging to do the utility-gated part without the risk of players getting stuck, but I look forward to what you come up with :)

Submitted

Why do you think I was asking about Minamal Viable Metroidvanian game design? https://itch.io/jam/metroidvania-month-21/topic/3076384/what-would-be-needed-to-...

Submitted

Sci Fi Gun with Add-ons.

oo add parkour

Submitted

WIP Update trying to add Lava and a Chasm in the level.

Submitted

Wow! Impressive! Can't wait to play this one!

Submitted

Still making gradual progress (Hud elements, Health, Armour, Enemies Spawn, Shots work) but more and more left to do before it even works as an OK game, never mind a Metroidvanian style game.

Submitted

If I release it as a WIP game would anyone be willing to test it and provide feedback on it?

Submitted (1 edit)

Next week's tricky since I will have my own project to be working on and unlike most of these jams, haven't taken any late-in-jam time off from work. However, I could probably carve out an hour with sufficient notice. Depending on how well my computer runs it (newer, but not a gaming PC by any stretch) and how much time I have, the feedback will range from "my computer can't run this well enough to fairly evaluate" to a short play/reaction video.

Submitted(+1)

Managed to get something basic working just enough to be an entry.

https://arowx.itch.io/proggenmv01a

Submitted

Released a PC Build as the WebGL version runs slow/juddery on my PC. (see above link)

Submitted

Apologies have a bug fix for the controller to prevent flipping it and inverting the controls but it's locked at the moment.

Just watch out for this problem and flip it back by going up or down until you are back around the right way.