Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Would there not being a player character count as it being inanimate?

A topic by Churro Theory created Dec 26, 2020 Views: 197 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 5
(3 edits)

So far my idea is a tower defense where you use the mouse to click buttons that do different things, but there is no  actual player, does this count or should I add them in as something like a bell that commands the actions/buys upgrades?

AKA: does an unspecified(not god) omnipotent force count as inanimate?

Hmm, you might want to do that idea of having the player as a bell. Otherwise, it might not follow the limitation, but it's up to you.

Submitted

To be on the safe side, it might not be a bad idea of adding lore in to make it clear the player controls an inanimate object and it's not a person. For instance, if there's magic in your tower defense, saying the player is an enchanted orb controlling everything would cover your bases. You wouldn't have to do much other than some supplementary text for something like that, so it would be a really easy add-on.

Submitted

Pués realmente yo lo tomaría como "ANIMADO", pero solo te recomiendo que tomes una decision rapida, porque ya solo falta 1 Día y 10 Hóras... (EL TIEMPO SE ACABARÁ)

Submitted(+1)

I suggest you make the main character the mouse, you could add a custom sprite for the mouse where you give it a face and stuff to personalize it!

Submitted

For example the game could be called: "Robo-mouse Tower Defense"

This is a really good idea, I wont be doing this jam anymore because of time but thankyou for the suggestion!