Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

This was a blast happy jamming with you all! (Mini Devlog)

A topic by PowerKnappStudio created Mar 22, 2021 Views: 187 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted(+1)

Congrats to everyone that finished and participated! Super fun getting this project working, this will be my 5th game jam I've participated in and I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of it. Funny thing is me and my brother didn't end up reading the theme "Decay" until about 5 days in and we instantly started shifting directions for the better. Unintentionally using just the theme of "mundane task" as a bench mark, then building on that to fulfill the decay theme was an interesting workflow. Handling one theme at a time made iteration a lot easier and the project probably wouldn't have been nearly as good had we known the actual theme from the beginning. Another thing we focused on this time in development was to emphasize curating the experience the game provides rather then focusing on game challenge or strategy (which if not balanced perfectly makes your game either frustrating or boring) Anyways,  just wanted to share my experience and let y'all know Ill be playing/rating all the games in this jam. Post Your Game here and leave alil dev log of your experience if you want, I'd love to read em. Here's our creation, Cheers!!😉

https://itch.io/jam/mundane-jam/rate/966880

Submitted(+1)

Not so much a Devlog but I did tweet a mini thread whiles making my submission (๑≧▽≦) lol  https://twitter.com/Kouda_Ha/status/1371773092981317632

I am painfully introverted and a recovered selective mute so I pretty much try to be as social as possible online, I've found it easiest to be somewhat active on Twitter so it's what I mainly use for all of my general life and study posting (´;ω;`)

Ps: Your game was breathtaking

Submitted(+1)

Hey thanks for sharing and for putting our game in your top list! 😊 also I love your use of ASCII, lol you got talent. I could easily see a game with those as characters.

In response to your thread, I'm studying Comp Sci too, working on my A.S. to get my programming skills up for game dev, so it's always comforting seeing others on a similar path. 

Ps: Your game is Breathtaking!

Submitted(+1)

I'm really glad my break lined up with this jam!  Was able to spend a lot of time on it and the project went from a drag and drop sandwich maker to a stealth/horror game.  I also forgot about the theme for a while but incorporating  took my game to whole new level (at least for me).  I learned a crazy amount of stuff from this and overall I'm really happy with how it all turned out.   Definitely need to work on balancing though. Also had a lot of fun playing and rating games, I was surprised and happy to see so many polished games!  

Great job on your game too, a great experience!

Submitted(+1)

That’s awesome machinodude! I was on break too, I don’t wanna say how many hours I dumped in lol.  

Your game came out great, loved the vibe,  you made the right choice with the sound and voice acting. The experience you made was very easily recognizable,  which I feel like mine could’ve gone over a lot of heads if you haven’t seen matrix/Keanu memes

Submitted

Thanks!  

The art, pacing, and music of your game is spot on, so even if someone doesn't get the reference they still get a fantastic experience!   And you could always say it's about the government and birds lol.