Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Top down game

A topic by Noah the cat guy created Jul 02, 2022 Views: 383 Replies: 15
Viewing posts 1 to 10
(+1)

so my idea is that the player wakes up in a forest and doesn't  know who they are or how they got here and they are injured throughout the game you must heal and find out how you got here

(+2)

Thats a good story for the game!

(+1)

thanks!

time for the end of day update today I set out to plan what I wanted to make and get some basic coding done  here are all the things I got done

- I made a scrolling top down movement system 

- I got a basic attack done 

- and I started a text engine for the dialouge 

Well that's it I hope everyone had fun today and got what they wanted to done

Day 2

to do list

- Finish text engine

- Make grappling hook

- And make a basic enemy

if I finish all that then I possibly also want to make another enemy

(+1)

Cool idea, is it a survival/RPG kind of game or is it more action? Maye post some screenshots for us. Keep up the good work!

I think it's going to be more of a action RPG game sort of like a link to the past as for screenshots I will probably post some this evening and will definitley show some when I start on the art

quick update

after playing around with the grappling hook a bit I realized my game really doesn't need a grappling hook which is unfortunate but sometimes plans change

Submitted(+1)

Too bad about the grappling hook, I think this sounds like a cool idea, will the player get "memories" as flashbacks when they've healed to a certain HP about or at certain story beats?

yeah I think the "memories" will work something like that

(1 edit)

Day 3

sorry for no eveing update lastnight I got busy unforunately yesterday I got almost nothing done everything I tried wasn't really working but oh well game dav is about failing and learning and trying again anyway todays to do list 

- finish basic enemy

- make shield

- and start on the first cutscene

(+1)

Please post some screenshots! Exited to hear more about this.

sorry for no screenshots earlier I forgot as of now there is not much to look at as all the "art" is  temporary but in this picture the player is attacking a enemy in a testing level 

end of day update

today here are the things I got done

- I got the shield done 

- And like yesterday I fought with making the enemy that took up quite a bit of time and was unsuccessfull so at this point I think I am going to just make it a problem for future me and make something else tommorow anyway that'a it for today

PS happy 4th of july to those of you who are american

(1 edit)

Day 4

so today I want to take a little break from coding and start some art

to do list

- Start on player walking sprites 

- start on the forest tileset

- and make the box with character portrait that the dialogue will go in 

will definitely post screenshots this evening

Waiting for the art! But no pressure!