Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Day 7] A.P.E. - Halfway there!

A topic by Harthroth created Jul 10, 2022 Views: 98 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted(+2)

Procedural generation is a go!.. sort of. I've been spending some late late nights creating a recursive generation algorithm for roads and rivers and such and it does that, which I'm happy about.  Models are still being worked on, but our monkey PhD will be beautiful, you'll see. Adding monuments soon, we'll have cities and forests abound! Random buildings too, I have a few ideas on how to implement this. Our team member Xhawk is just coming home from a trip to Japan so he'll finally be able to help and take some of the load off of Ravenhaven and I. In the meantime, I'll be tweaking the generation to make it look a bit more natural, but here's what it looks like.

(+1)

Very nice, may I ask what algorithm you used for road generation? I once used "Voronoi" for road generation for a procedurally generated terrain.

Submitted

Voronoi is a neat one, but I kind of reworked a maze generation algorithm I'd done in Javascript a while back. It was originally for hexagon mazes but I took the concept of the recursive backtracking and just took out the backtracking. It's basically 4 snakes that turn one in twenty times lmao.