Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

DevLog0 - Endless Spire

A topic by BrylockDelux created Jul 25, 2023 Views: 77 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

Our crew of 7 has agreed to make a platformer rogue-lite with elements of RPG. The aesthetic is also supposed to be that of a 90's rpg as well. The main components we're targeting are:

• Procedural Generation of levels
    • We already ironed out the mechanics of the rooms. Each room is 1920x1080 zone. Each level is comprised of a 5x5 grid of rooms. The procedural generation for creating the path between rooms is already complete. We're currently working on designing the contents of the room. If you have any recommendations, feel free to provide input! Below is our current working plan for the content
      • Platforms: Long, Short, U-Shaped, T-Shaped, Vertical Walls
      • Enemies: Currently only have two, a fighter, and wizard. I'm thinking we may try to work in a flying one as well.
      • Traps: Spikes, Poison Darts
      • Loot: Basic Potion, Experience Orbs, Equipment that affects the stats of the player, and a treasure chest that may contain all of those. We also have a stretch goal to implement additional potions if time permits.
  • Intuitive Platformer mechanics (Coyote time, nudging, etc.)
    • This is another we've already ironed out for the most part. We've got the basics of jumping and coyote time implemented, we're currently working through the tricks of dashing, double jumping, and of course, a grappling hook.
  • Loop based Cycles
    • If you die, you start back at the beginning, but you have the opportunity to bring one thing with you: an ability or piece of equipment.

Flavor:

Embark on an epic as Azura, Plagued by memory loss and armed only with a sword, a grappling hook, and unyielding determination, she must scale an infinite tower, braving an enemy army, battling bosses, and collecting powerful ancestral orbs to level up her stats and gear. Uncover the tower's enigmatic mysteries through ancient artifacts as Azura's path weaves through peril and wonder. Experience a captivating world where the fate of the realm hangs in the balance, and the ultimate truth awaits at the pinnacle of "The Endless Spire."

(+1)

I like the name, very...  shall I say, captivating?