Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

{Devlog} Icy Blood

A topic by handerdev created Jan 25, 2020 Views: 585 Replies: 22
Viewing posts 1 to 13
Submitted (3 edits) (+1)

Icy Blood is action-platformer i'm making for this jam! The main task is kill all enemies in Level. 
Items:
-Ice boots (If you will walk on the water, water will be replaced with ice) (WIP LATER)
-Ice Gun (On screenshoots)
-Granade Pistol

(I'll add more stuff here later)

Submitted (3 edits) (+1)

I'm testing new gun!

Submitted (1 edit)

First day finished! This is result:  https://i.imgur.com/wbKWJGE.png

Submitted(+1)

{DEVLOG} What's new:
-clouds that disappear after a while!

-lumberjack robot (WIP)

Host

omg sweet! i'd love to see your character and gun mechanics in motion!

Submitted(+1)

sure, i'm actually testing new gun, so here you go (Might be some problems with new gun, i'll fix this later)

Host

whoa nice!! i love the squash and stretch animation touches. it seems like the bullets may be a little hard to keep track of since they're white and half the screen is also white (including some background figures)? not sure what would be feasible in jam frame but maybe it might be possible to have it a different color? or bigger? or have some kind of trail?

Submitted

Thanks for ideas! I will add trail to bullets. And i'm working on background tho so i'll add bg image in game as soon as i can :3

Submitted(+1)

My plans for DAY 4 - DAY 8:

*My plans are now to begin work on the levels, fix all the bugs that I will find.
Also, I have plans to create a system of random objects (in the image below) and add more guns (Well, well, so far there are only two of them: /) If you have any ideas or have a question, ask it here: 3

Submitted

Looks very nice and very fun to play.

Keep working and you'll have an amazing game.

Submitted

Thanks!

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)
I did some minor changes, here is gameplay:

That's awesome! How did you do the slo-mo effect?

Submitted

In Unity Engine you can change timeScale (exp. Time.timeScale = 0.5f; - half of default speed).

So simple! It's an awesome effect you've put in there

i highly suggest adding linear interpolation to your camera so it doenst feel snappy  :) it might not sound like allot but i realy helps adding to the overall feel of the game. otherwise im realy loving this :). keep up the good work.

Submitted(+1)

Okay, thanks! I'll add linear interpolation too )

Submitted

LIVE DEVELOPMENT ON MY DISCORD SERVER!!

Link: https://discord.gg/28U2bZE
Submitted

I did some progress:

Host

aaaa the trails look awesome!!! i love the little blue overlay you have too it really adds some atmosphere to the game. have you considered maybe nudging the camera a bit more up? at some parts most of the screen is ground, but you could probably get around that by having the camera not go below certain points

Submitted(+1)

Sure, but not in jam time. Right now i need to make 5 more levels so i just going to build them quickly. Maybe if i will have time to finish this ) Anyway thank you )

Host

omg yeah ofc!! honestly it seems more of a stretch goal. great stuff all around!!

Submitted

Jam development finished!

I will update game sometimes and add more features and items to game later. Now you can download Jam version here:https://yavnovroman.itch.io/icy-blood-the-game