Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Two more jam questions

A topic by TeoBrunner created Oct 07, 2023 Views: 102 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3

Actually, first of all, what does it mean to “submit games earlier? Judgment starts immediately, and the sooner the game is sent, the longer its judgment will last? Or just more people will play it, and when the judgment opens at the end of the jam, they will know what to write in the review?

Aaaand secondly: will there be any other themes besides “no words” before the jam starts? I would really like it to be👉👈...

HostSubmitted (1 edit)

Do you mean sign language? That would work as long as you're not using a font to write it. 

The rating period begins after the submission period ends. Uploads are locked during this time. 

It's better to submit an entry early before the deadline, even as a placeholder so that you aren't rushing to make it before time runs out.

(2 edits)

ow, erhm, no, my bad, it was an expression of the emotion of modesty.

my question was, will there be any additional themes announced after the jam starts? as it happens in many other jams, for example in this one. https://itch.io/jam/cozy-fall-jam-2023

HostSubmitted (1 edit)

The emoji is showing up now but it didn't load until I tried a different browser. Which browser are you using?

There won't be any additional themes revealed for this jam because having no words is such a strict requirement already I want to keep it simple as possible. But feel free to use any theme you like as long as it fits within the rules.