Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Are my textures allowed to have transparency?

A topic by eboatwright created Feb 05, 2022 Views: 234 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 6

I'm thinking about adding a vignette effect to my game. I can make it to where there's no middle tones, but there will have to be transparency in the middle. Is that allowed?

Submitted (1 edit)

You have two colors available, #c7f0d8 and #43523d. Any other color isn't allowed. However, you can play around with dithering for effects.

Using transparency, like changing the alpha of the colors to make different shades, is not allowed

Ok Thanks

Submitted (1 edit)

You could try a sort of dithering to achieve a small vignette. Could be interesting depending on what you're going for?

Yeah, I think I'll just pass, because if my texture isn't allowed to have transparency, then there would have to be either the 2 textures all on it so it would obstruct too much of the screen. And if I rendered it behind everything, it would kinda destroy the effect of having a vignette

Host

Just to be clear something like the below would be fine, where you have a top opaque "vignette" but its transparent in the middle to see the game.

But the below would NOT be allowed, where you're changing the alpha of the vignette to make a new shade.

(+1)

ohhhh. Okay. Yeah I was gonna do the first one, but I made this topic just to make sure it was allowed. Thanks!

Host

glad I could help!

:D