Tags

i made a 1 page tabletop game that isnt an rpg

A topic by squibble created 45 days ago Views: 225 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 5
(+2)

idk if i should submit it or not

Submitted (1 edit) (+2)

This is from the FAQs:

For the purposes of this jam, a one-page RPG is a tabletop roleplaying game (TTRPG) where the rules fit onto a single page of letter/A4-sized paper. For the purposes of the jam, a TTRPG could include everything from strategic, combat-oriented adventure games; to collaborative and GM-less story games. The aim of this jam is for people to experiment with different designs.

If it falls under that, I would say go for it.

Hope that helps!

(+1)

it does help, although it still doesnt fit that definition. eh, no matter! i had fun making it. will probably make another one page ttrpg anyway

Submitted(+1)

Seeing "strategic, combat-oriented adventure" in the definition is a relief because I had a similar question. My games 100% landed in the tactical combat territory without any traditional Role Play elements (Outside of Role-Playing your Tactical Decisions of course!)

Submitted(+1)

Haha! I inadvertently did the same thing. Just went where my creative instincts took me and wound up with a non-RPG game.

uh oh now Im worried, I will finish up my project soon and submit to see if it fits as I dont have too much experience. All cool as this is a pretty neat challenge

Submitted

Same deal on my end, though I managed to add an extra "customization mode" (naming your character, ship, explain or name the event that might kill you) to give it more of an RPG feel.