Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Jam Theme Announcement! Sticky

A topic by with the love studios created Jan 31, 2022 Views: 178 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Host

Here's something to help anyone needing some inspiration for their entry for the OpenGameArt Winter Game Jam 2022!

The strictly optional theme of the Jam is :

Old things being uncovered by thawing ice.

Maybe it's a game about what might be lurking in our melting polar ice caps, or maybe it's that thrilling video game adaptation of 1984's Iceman film we've all been waiting for, or maybe it's a game about finding a fly in your ice cubes.  The possibilities are endless.

Many thanks to YuriNikolai for providing this Jam's theme! 

Again, the theme is strictly optional, use it for inspiration, or ignore it completely and forge your own path, there is no fate but what you make!

Cheers and Good Luck!

Submitted

i had some ideas for what i was gonna do but no real direction, until i saw the theme and it struck me.

time to start hacking assets. only half a day before code time!

Host

Awesome!   Looking forward to seeing what you thaw out!  ;)

Finally got some ideas and put them on paper. This will be my first Game Jam (and hopefully the first game project that I do from start to finish xD) and I will try to not overshoot it. I will be only loosely following the theme, but hey, I hope the game is good.

Good luck to everyone.

Host

Awesome!  Looking  forward to seeing what you come up with, and don't worry about following the theme, it's strictly optional.  

Submitted

i totally veered a hard left on this one. that is typical of me, start with one thing for jam, end up with something completely different :)