Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Explicit Nods from System Creators

A topic by Hayde_R created Feb 28, 2022 Views: 216 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3
(+1)

Hi there!  If this line of thinking is errant, thanks for setting me straight.

I caught wind of this event via the YouTube channel of a creator I follow; he enthusiastically endorsed it and encouraged people to make mods for his system.  I may yet take a stab at his system even though I don't have any table time logged with his yet.  I'm more experienced in some other systems, but am not as confident in knowing their attitude about fan-mods showing up on the Drive Thru.  Perhaps this topic could be used to log a list of creators who're out promoting this endeavor and giving us all a thumbs-up to tinker under the hood of their cars, so to speak?

(Or am I overthinking and can just go to town and worry about the diplomacy angle later in the event I came up with anything I was interested in pursuing?)

Submitted

I'd like clarification on this as well. My working assumption is that as long as we aren't tripping over any copyright/trademark issues (ex: Product Identity), we should be good. So for example my current plan is to do a supplement for Swords & Wizardry, which has a standing third-party compatibility license to use their PI and trademark. I assume that's OK?

Should be, yes. If you're concerned about trademarks and copyrights, the thing to keep in mind most is is what you're making for commercial purchase or not. 

If no, and you're not using artwork or images that require a commercial license, you're fine. 

HostSubmitted

should be

HostSubmitted

All endorsements I know of are in this tweet's quote-tweets https://twitter.com/ForestedDepth/status/1496480906797850626