Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Question about results date

A topic by Musicake created 45 days ago Views: 781 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted(+3)

Good evening! I thought ratings might be available today since it was the final rating day; however, after reading this, I have my doubts:

"After this general rating period, the panel of judges will then be given a week to give feedback and choose their personal favourites from the top 20 submissions. The results of the jam will then be announced after this (Sunday 11 August - date not final)."

Doea anyone know when the results might be available?

Thanks in advance!

HostSubmitted(+5)

Hi! Because this jam includes the addition of judges, the results of the jam will be not be announced until the judges have finished giving feedback to the top 20 submissions. This is to prevent any bias when the judges are giving feedback or picking their favorite submissions as the top 20 submissions will be shown to them in a random order. A specific date will be given later down the line but for now, the results will not be announced until at the very earliest Sunday 11 August. Hope this clears up the confusion! ^^

Submitted(+1)

That makes sense, sorry if the question came off as anxious.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Submitted

Good afternoon!

Are there any news regarding when the results will be published?

Thanks in advance!

HostSubmitted(+3)

Hi! At the moment, I’ve only received feedback from half of the judges on the panel, so it’s unlikely that the results will be ready for release today. However, if anything changes, I’ll be sure to let you all know. I was also hoping to announce the results today, so I appreciate your understanding.

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Once again, thanks for the quick response, and for all of the effort put into hosting this jam!

HostSubmitted

I will confirm the date of the results again on Discord and on email when it is ready.

Submitted(+4)

I understand wanting to the judges be impartial as possible, and not have high ratings influence their thinking.  That said, 655 people entered this contest and 635 of them who all worked really hard are kept waiting for something they're not going to get. For everyone else, the rankings and ratings will be the only way (aside from comments) to know what they did well and what they can improve on in the future.  If you're already able to hide the scores and rankings of the top 20 from the judges, perhaps it would be better to just instruct them not to look at the general contest results? They already know the OST's they're evaluating are in the top 20 anyway- maybe it's okay if they do see it, since their evaluations don't affect the rankings anyway?

Either way,  I know it's a lot of work to host these jams and I still really appreciate what you're doing! Just something to consider for the next one.