Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Bonus Round

A topic by Charley the Postman created Feb 08, 2024 Views: 181 Replies: 17
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Host

Hey everyone, I have really been looking to manage the community a little better, so I decided to create this Bonus Round. it will be hosted directly after the Panic Horror jam, and the voting will last 8 days (why 8? because 7 ate 9, and I don't want to be a murderer!).

Panic Bonus Round! - itch.io

There will be increased rewards, and I will play all of the games released here.  Yeah...as you can see, the page isn't done yet.

Host

(Also, I am going to be contacting streamers, creating/finding rewards these next months. Handing these off will be one of the funnest parts for me! Especially since I will be iterating through your games.) 

Submitted

So what is the bonus round about, what do you do to score points in it?

Host

You won't need exp! I am creating rewards for this place, and all you need to do is participate. Also, any levels that you have not quite completed (meaning you have reached, but haven't gotten enough exp to pass), I will grant! So no exp will be wasted

Submitted

Ah, ok.

Host

No exp needed for the bonus round! Just join in, and I'll send you all rewards by the end.

I can't understand, can you tell me in more briefly? 

What exp? 

And what about rewards, what are they? 

Host

Oh sorry, I am very glad you asked. 

Exp is gained in this jam (the Panic Horror Jam) by completing challenges.  You can view the details on the front page.

EXP is gained from CHALLENGES. You will store EXP via physical notebook/notepad/whatever. You will send me EXP at the end of the jam. I will REWARD you for your EXP LEVEL, I call the SWORDS for whatever reason, and the REQUIRED EXP for each one is intentionally hidden.

The rewards currently consist of one thing : a music pack. However, I am moving towards getting contacts for more rewards. 

There will also be Streamers for the Panic Horror Jam. I am also contacting these. 

I hope this helps!

Submitted

I have a question about one of the challenges: "Make a game where you are the monster". Do you have to make 100% of the game make the player play as the monster, or is there a minimum amount of time you have to play as the monster?

Host

huh, I didn't think of that. No, I would say make the player evil, but not necessarily the main monster. He should be the main threat to all of the "good" characters. At least as far as they know. 

So to answer more clearly : No, he does not have to be the main bad guy. But to all of the "good guys" he needs to appear as so--at least for most of the time.

Submitted

Ah, so let's say, just for an example, you make a FNaF fangame where you play as William Afton (The man who caused everything) and you return to the Pizzeria and destroy the Animatronics (Good Guys) they ARE attacking you, but you are the villian? Because you made them like they are? You are facing your creations?

Submitted

Oooh, I might actually make that, as a side project after I finish my main submission, I'll call it: SINS OF THE FATHER. Look forward to it!

Host

The good people have to be good, in YOUR moral standards. So, they have to have good intentions, and  the player needs bad ones. I have played the game you are referencing, but don't remember how it goes XD

Submitted

SPOILER ALERT:

Another thought: What if you were unkowingly helping the big bad? Like Cassie in FNaF Ruin? She unknowingly released the Mimic when she went to the Ruins of the Pizzaplex to save her friend, If not, why don't we add a challenge like that? Why not add:

"Make a game where you accidently help the villian"

I'd say that would be rather fun! :)

Thanks!

Butw What is Swords? Dow we have to buy it from exp.?

Host

A sword is literally just a fancy name for "level." I wanted to make sword badges that you earn with them though!

Bonus round? What we have to do?

Host

A Sword Badge will be a seperate prize, just to show what you did.