Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What kind of game are you planning to make?

A topic by Brett Chalupa created May 17, 2023 Views: 342 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Host (1 edit)

With the jam being less than a month away, have you begun thinking about what kind of game you’re going to make?

I’m going to make a side-scrolling shmup inspired by Cotton 2:

cotton 2 screenshot

I think the world of Pepper&Carrot will fit nicely into a cute-em-up.

I’m going to make it pretty low resolution with pixel art so that I can focus on the game mechanics rather than high res art.

Also, just want to voice that if people have similar ideas, don’t be discouraged about your idea. It’s really fun to see different takes on the same genre!

Submitted

Current plan is a Match-3 crossover with the mobile game 'Potion Maker'. You make different kinds of potions to use to help you make better potions until you get the one you need for winning. As far as graphics: I'm aiming for a PC-98 style, so basically frames and dithering everywhere and there will be a character portrait on the side because it's not a PC-98 game if it doesn't have one.

Here's a mock-up I made just to test if I'll have enough space for the resolution. I think it might work.

Host

Rad!!

Submitted (2 edits)

Original plan was to make a platformer, but I really enjoy making images with AI.

So now the plan is to make a visual novel in Godot using Ink as story script.

This is screenshot from my game so far:

My team is making a Deckbuilder. (Think Ascension or Dominion or Clank!) 
You play as a young witch in Komana, scoring renown points by helping people, making potions, saving the town from monsters, finding treasure or winning the magic contest. At the end of a year, the most well-known and renowed young mage wins.
You can play as Pepper, Shichimi, Saffron or Corriander and they'll each have a unique ability. 
It's a physical card game, but we'll also be making a web version in React.
It's called Witch & Famous

I know it's just one day away but if anyone would like a composer on their team please give me a heads up!

Submitted

I’m thinking about making a game similar to Peggle but with Pepper and Carrot characters, since it would be presumably easier to make, it’s something I didn’t see in FOSS videogames community yet, and it’s something that has a “vibe” compatible to one Pepper and Carrot has (probably because of backgrounds found in the original game)

Peggle gameplay I found on someone’s Peertube: