On Sale: GamesAssetsToolsTabletopComics
Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What are come good Mork Börg style designs out there?

A topic by Tragos Games created Jul 21, 2023 Views: 75 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2

Seeing some examples of what you think are good Mork Börg style designs would be nice to get some inspiration.

I've done it before but I feel I have only tackled the surface of weirdness!

HostSubmitted

Uh, interesting question. Do you have some preferences yourself?

The obvious ones are the official adventure, Rotblack Sludge. It's a boring answer, but it's so well designed. 

Other Johan Nohr stuff that comes to mind is Goblin Grinder but also "Blackpowder Weapons for the Rich and Foolhardy". I love the idea of using the illustration as graphic separation, and as an aid for hierarchy. 

----

Philipp Teach did an adventure called ISBJÖRN which I think is quite fun, simply for the playfulness. Philipp has improved over the years, but the main idea is still conceptually super strong.

---

Tales and Poetry of Sarkash is a very well designed and different take which I appreciate for the boldness of doing something different.

----

Christian Eichorn is in general really skilled, unfortunately I only have Purgatory which I really enjoy. He also did a "word"-dungeon, where he used the description of the rooms to space out the map. I found that quite clever.

---

It's not MÖRK BORG, but I really enjoy the courage of Attack From Space which I've backed for the same reason. 

Hope it gives some inspiration, I'll add more if I stumbled across it. I'll also share my Pinterest where I have a MÖRK BORG-board.