Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

❓ AMA time

A topic by Turing Studio created 52 days ago Views: 49 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Host

Hi guys, we hope you are working away on your projects. Or in preparation. If there are any questions you would like answered, feel free to sk away!

what engines are recommended? I know godot can export to HTML5 but maybe there are better alternatives?  PhaserIO but the editor must be paid for by subscription.

Host

Tbh we are a Unity dev team so please don't mind that I had to ask ChatGPT to even remember what other options exist 😅 Here's what it said:

• For Beginners: Start with Construct, Phaser, or GDevelop.
  • For 2D Games: Phaser, Construct, Cocos2d-JS, or MelonJS.
  • For 3D Games: PlayCanvas, Babylon.js, or Three.js.
  • For Customization: Three.js or PixiJS.
  • For Open-Source Enthusiasts: Godot or GDevelop.

If you are already working with one of the "bigger" engines, we believe that there should not be a problem. Everything we have done so far with Unity for HTML5 worked perfectly fine. And do know that we won't be looking at the project, just the product how it would work within an iframe.

Ugh have it tweaked out a bit with Godot but when I try to upload the html5, install and run it just sits there with a full loading bar like it is stuck. Could someone help? I used this website but did not help at all.  How to export a Godot 4 game to run on the web on itch.io | foosel.net   Also, when i select 'type of game as html' i lose my graphics, font, backcolor etc for the project page.

Host

Have you tried asking on https://forum.godotengine.org/?