Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

It's a Trap!

A topic by TedBrosky created Jan 13, 2024 Views: 215 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(1 edit)

Brilliant! Trick people in to making a bunch of digital assets for you and call it a contest.

Submitted

bro i've taken part in 3 of these jams and i didnt even know i was being  bamboozled by the forces of evil mate, thanks for opening my eyes. just to be sure though you are kidding, right?

HostSubmitted
  1. I didn't use any of the assets produced during the jams and didn't do themes of assets I needed.
  2. Two of themes (1bit and gameboy) were selected just because I wanted to try to draw something in that style
  3. We can say that game jams is a tricking to make people creating games for jam hosts and we call it a contest
  4. Someone can create assets but can't create full gamesIt is one of the reasons why the jams were created because I can't create full games because a lack of ideas...

But anyway, my congratulations only small amount of people can notice (even if we count false positive) such manipulations, such wise replacements (although the jams aren't examples of these manipulations)

Submitted

i mean yeah i get where TedBrosky is coming from, i would be sceptical if the jam hosts said they will be using the assets for their game and demanded some sort of licensing agreement by entering the jam or whatever.

but yeah most ppl taking part in these here jams publish their entries under open licenses anyway, pretty much anyone can use them if they want. we just have fun and motivate each other to make pixel art, thats all 🦧