Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

馃 composer, sound designer looking for team 馃幎

A topic by blubberbaleen created Jan 27, 2021 Views: 217 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 3
(1 edit)

Hey quacks. I'm a sound artist. Still pretty new to making sound for games, though I've written and designed sound and music for theatre and installations for about six years. I've spent the last week trying to understand audio programming in C++ and it's been making my brain bleed, so I'd love to do something fun. In terms of music, my style is roughly atmospheric, uncanny, visceral, surreal, sublime and complex, as in this compilation of soundtracks put together for games: Soundtracks for Imagined Worlds, vol 1. I'd be up for trying to integrate sound in interesting ways, especially if it has something procedural/algorithmic/adaptive.

quack

soundtracks for imagined worlds by blubberbaleen

Submitted

What DAW are you using?

(1 edit)

For most music, Ableton. For generative/more experimental things, Max/MSP

Submitted

Nice, Ive been using FL for a while now yet I still don't know how to make a cinematic score

Hm, I've not used FL before. But in general, it's less about the DAW and more about the planning that goes into making a piece. If it's a score project I'd almost always start on pen and paper, and sketch out (either in words, drawings or notation) the sort of thing I'm going for. Do you prefer using midi instruments or sampling?

Submitted

Not really sure the difference between midi and sampling, I'm not that technical with all the vocab but I generally use things like serum to generate sounds. (hows your game going)

generally speaking, there's two ways to make sounds - generate them with synthesisers (like Serum, usually controllable with MIDI), or sampling, which uses recorded sound (eg. a sound effect library, a youtube rip, your own recording of pots and pans or voice or whatever). And people tend to fall more in one or the other. I prefer sampling because I like starting with complex sounds but I use a lot of processing

not found a team so no game so far. I might start dicking around in Unity later and see if I come up with anything quackworthy. you? 

Submitted

did you find a team?
{if you can help i need some sounds}

hey abdul! sorry, i was lost in my own world. my discord is blubberbaleen#2086, message me there if you're still looking x