Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How's everyone doing?

A topic by ejgarner118 created Mar 16, 2022 Views: 161 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 6

It's about half way along now, how's everyone's progress coming along? 

Mines going pretty good. I made a lot of fixes from input I've gotten on the game, made good strides to getting things rolling in android. Still need to fix some levels and add in a mechanic. I'm thinking since it's mobile some kind of shake to jump kind of thing. But no idea really on that yet.

HostSubmitted

I'm not sure about motion controls, people in general seem to dislike them... cuz they're usually poorly executed... but if you play around with it and think it's fun, then go ahead. Do remember to always have others playtest it, though.

I'm remaking Focus, in parallel for the Notice Me jam. Hoping to get some of that sweet sweet prize money. The game's pretty much done, I just have to implement the sound effects and export a working version to the Opera GX thing (which I left myself 2 days for).

That's a great point.  I'll probably have to play around with things a bit and see how everything is feeling.

That's awesome!  I haven't really seen too many of the jams with prize money.  Doubling up on the jams is certainly the way to go. :D

Submitted

My game is currently in development and i am planning to make it into a full game

Nice!  Good luck!  I can't wait to play 'em

If anyone has any time to kill, I'd love some feedback on how mine is coming along: https://ejgarner118.itch.io/contracube

I am remaking my first Flash game from almost 15 years ago in Godot, it both amazes (and slightly sickens) me how quickly it has been coming together. My friend and I have been dredging through the depths of our hard drives trying to see if we still have some of the original source files for the backgrounds in the game so we can convert them to a standard 16:9 1080 experience instead of the old wonky resolution the original was in.

The game was nothing amazing, but I will be glad to have a modern version of it living again that people can actually play. If nothing else, it has been a fun nostalgia trip at looking at how we did things when we didn’t know any better. :)

That's awesome!  I'm sure it'll come out even better this time around. Im sure it's super interesting seeing how much you've learned and grown since then. It's always great looking back and appriatomg just how far you've come. I look forward to playing it!