Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Trying to put together a small team, anyone welcome! (Portland Local) (Godot)

A topic by thhardesty created 70 days ago Views: 39
Viewing posts 1 to 1
(1 edit)

Hi, my name is Tre, I'm a Portland local, but it was too damn hot today so I didn't feel like going to the event in person, so I'm hoping to find / build a team online. If you are also in Portland that would be awesome but I'm down to work with anyone - I don't have a job right now so I'm willing to put as much time into the project as needed and could be flexible with other time zones.

This will be my first game jam. I've been interested in game dev for about a year now, and have been learning and teaching myself Godot for most of that time. I'm pretty comfortable working in GDScript so far, and would be willing to take on all the programming for the team, but it would be great to have someone else to work on the code with - any experience level. I've only worked in 2D so far, so unless I have someone to teach me, I'd rather not branch out into 3D for this project. I also would like to stick with Godot for the project.

Artists, coders, sound/music people - anyone who needs a team and wants to contribute in any way would be appreciated! My favorite types of games are RPGs (tabletop and video games), strategy and simulation games. I don't have any particular idea for what sort of game I want to build yet. Once the second theme is announced and I find someone or a few people to work with I'd like to brainstorm and come up with a concept and design together. I have a lot of pre-made assets that we could use as placeholders to jumpstart the development process or as the art and UI for the final product (with or without modification). 

If you've already put together part of a team or are working with a partner and think I'd make a good addition I'd be happy to join too. Anyone interested shoot me a comment here and I can give you my email, phone number, etc. I'll be a lot more motivated to finish something for this jam if I'm working with even one other person instead of doing it by myself.