Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

A week to go!

A topic by Uskprod created Feb 22, 2020 Views: 169 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted(+1)

We've got just about a week to go, how is everyone progressing?

I'm pretty happy with some major advancements I've made over the last couple nights - I learned how to do 2d skeleton rigging and mesh deformations, so I can take the illustrations I'm doing for the horny scenes and warp them for easy and cheap animations. 

I've also got proper backgrounds and hud elements for dates:

Still on my to-do list:

• a short intro to the game
  • more poses for the horny scene to create a progression
  • one more song
  • new and redone SFX
Submitted

I like your new UI and touched-up card art. I'm using skeletal rigging for horny scenes in my own game too, goes much faster than animating frame-by-frame. It's also good to hear that you've already got some sound in place, I'm yet to get started on adding mine, though I do have my (lazy) intro semi-done. Did you add more card variety for the opponent or is that still in the works? Please post more pics, I want to see what else is new.

I'll post an update on my own progress tomorrow. I got about four solid days left now, so I've been liberally cutting planned features. It's a working game, just kind of shallow right now.

Submitted

Alright, here's a progress report. The major features of the game are working as intended. After today I do have 5 animated scenes ready, though I'm still hoping to find time to add one more character before launch. I thought I'd post a preview of what the full game screen looks like, since up to now I've only been showing it in parts.

The game will have a split-screen thing going where the characters you meet on the left-hand screen are later added to the right-hand screen where horny things happen. Most such characters are encountered through a quest system.

Also of note is that the knight  finally got her art redone. The previous sprite was from before I had a clear idea about the plot of the game, but knew what sort of gameplay I wanted. It was drawn to be sort of ambiguous looking. I toyed with the idea of keeping it like it was and have a reveal at the end, but ultimately decided to spend a bit of time drawing a proper looking sprite instead.

I've still got major stuff to add like sound, a main menu and an ending. Honestly though what I'd rather be adding is puzzle rooms, boss arenas, more characters and extra horny scenes.